Why "WSM" and not "SMC"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob B.

TVWBB Pro
<preface> The following is not a criticism, just an honest question. </preface>

I was wondering why you chose "Weber Smokey Mountain" or "WSM" for the common reference name/acronym over the owner's manual name of "Smokey Mountain Cooker" or what would be abbreviated "SMC"? Mind you, I prefer the WSM name over SMC. It has a better look & sound to it, etc. Or were you even the one who coined WSM?

Just wondering and bored on this Humpday night...
icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob B.:
[qb]the owner's manual name of "Smokey Mountain Cooker" or what would be abbreviated "SMC"? [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You know I was wondering why some people where posting SMC. /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif Now I know why. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

There is a company called The Great Outdoors Grill Company that makes a charcoal smoker dubbed the "Smoky Mountain Series", seen here. Not knowing which came first, perhaps the "W" in WSM fortuitously serves to make sure it's the Weber product being discussed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob B.:
[qb]I was wondering why you chose "Weber Smokey Mountain" or "WSM" for the common reference name/acronym...[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi Rob,

Sorry, I've been unable to respond to posts for a couple of days.

The acronym WSM was already well established when I was first introduced to the product, so I'm just using the shorthand that has commonly been used to describe the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker. I've always thought that SMC or WSMC would have been more logical, but WSM has apparently worked pretty well for folks over the years.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back