Why? Oh Why do I see this more than I want?

It has taken me a long time to “scale” family dinners. I grew up youngest of six kids, family weekday dinners were carefully reworked Leftovers or casseroles. We had liver and onions (I’ve only recently had the smallest warm feelings for that) we had a lot of chili, various iterations of hamburger casseroles, beans in all sorts of configurations. My grandmother used to make a strangely delightful braised kidney thing which was always served with rice. I haven’t a clue how she made it, now that Mom has passed, I am afraid that recipe is lost to the wind.
I’ve been thinking about that for the last few weeks.
Food memories! Aren’t they some of the strongest reasons we all spend time in the kitchen?

$4.34 and $4.18 at Sam's yesterday for prime and choice. They had some huge ones close to $100.00, case was full.
Butts were $2.38 so I passed and I'm glad I did seeing TFL's post.
Reason I went was to get Peets MD which they show in stock but it's only available for delivery.
They had some Metropolis whole bean but I passed.

$4.34 and $4.18 at Sam's yesterday for prime and choice. They had some huge ones close to $100.00, case was full.
Butts were $2.38 so I passed and I'm glad I did seeing TFL's post.
Reason I went was to get Peets MD which they show in stock but it's only available for delivery.
They had some Metropolis whole bean but I passed.
Don't even waste your time on the Metropolis. IMO not even worth 1/4 the price they ask for it. On the contrary that Cameron's at $10.99 is EASILY as good as anything twice or more the price. Gave the last of my Metropolis me roast to my SIL. They tend to like a little more of a "lesser" bodied brew

Back