Why not the cover with the mesh strip?

Hank B

TVWBB Pro
Apparently the covers with the mesh strips are less desirable than the solid covers. I've seen this mentioned a couple times but never saw a reason why. Nor is the reason obvious to me.

Feel free to clue me in!

thanks

My Uncle's Summit S650 cover tore apart the other day during a bad thunderstorm. he said he looked out there and the wind was getting underneath through the mesh and blowing around like crazy. Ripped the seams around the mesh.

Thanks for the info. I guess there's not much I can do about that except hope mine holds up and be ready to replace it if it does that too. (Actually I do have a spare cover since my free Silver B came with the same cover sized for a Silver A.)

I thought people avoided the vented models because they let in rain. At least that's why I avoided them.
icon_smile.gif

I have the cover with the mesh strips and it's great. The problem is that rain gets in a bit. I've even had rain in my drip pan during a heavy sideways rain, even with the cover on. As far as wind, I've never had a problem. If you secure the Velcro straps you shouldn't have any problems even with the mesh strip cover.

Back