Why Get a Q 3200 over a E-210 Spirit?

KevinUSA

TVWBB Member
The Spirit has flavorizer bars wouldn't that make it a be the better choice? Not like the Q 3200 is super portable like the smaller Q's, so it doesn't have that advantage over the Spirit.

You can't really do an "indirect" cook on the "Q's" and the height is 55.5" where the E210 is 63"

Flavorizer bars are just a fancy name for burner guards. They function mainly to keep drippings from getting on the burners and flaring up, and the Q320 grate is designed with a solid portion over the burners to prevent drippings on the burner, achieving the same thing, so I'd say its a wash on that front.

I've done some good indirect cooking with the Q320, though you need to follow the Australian Weber site instructions of using a raised rack over aluminum foil, while the Spirit allows traditional indirect cooking. The Spirit has more height and cubic space over the burners if you want to cook things where that matters.

I'd say it mainly depends on whether you want to cook on a traditional gas grill like the Spirit or one more unique like the Q320. The Q320 is easier to move over grass if that is a necessity.

Last edited:
Flavorizer bars are just a fancy name for burner guards. They function mainly to keep drippings from getting on the burners and flaring up, and the Q320 grate is designed with a solid portion over the burners to prevent drippings on the burner, achieving the same thing, so I'd say its a wash on that front.
Weber also claims due to the angle of the "burner guards", it helps the food juices smoke back up to the food. Hence the name "Flavorizer Bars". But I agree that their main purpose is to prevent burner flare up. I've had a Weber Genesis before and really can't tell the difference in the taste of my food using a Weber Q 1200. Maybe some people can tell the difference, but not me.

Back