why are ribs deceptive ?

I have found that in a restaurant the full rack of ribs is more like a half rack at home. Ever since i started smoking them myself it is pretty rare i eat BBQ at a restaurant or italian food for that matter.

Like some of you said, I'll buy a three pack of spares at Sams or Costco, trim the St Loius ribs, and then cook the whole shebang at once...riblets and all. We eat what we want, then vac seal ribs to freeze. I bought a new Weston 2300, and it does a great job of sealing the whole rib.

Then, on nights we are looking for a tasty, quick meal, out comes a St Louis slab ready, willing and able!

I don't know about you guys, but if I cook a slab i eat a slab. Making ribs is fun to do, so just as easy for
me to make fresh. My wife will usually eat 1/2 a slab, but then she takes them to work for a leftovers lunch.

I always cook too much food but I send my son with a plate over to the neighbors house and they love it. I just can't see firing up all the charcoal on the WSM for one rack. So I do cook a lot on my one touch silver too.

Back