Whos cookin tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentg

TVWBB Member
Hey guys,

Ive got a 5 lb boston butt and a 4 lb brisket flat on tonight. My Dads side is coming over for lunch tomorrow. Rubbed them with mustard and kicked up Billy bones BBQ rub. Just added some wood (Hickory, Mesquite, and apple)and all looks good. Ill be up till 1 at least drinkin homebrews, staring at the temps and the beautiful Moon. Ill get some pics in a while.

Brent

Brent, I'll be putting a flat on later tonight, and a coupla slabs of BB's in the wee hours. As those come off later in the morning, I'll open 'er up (she should be reaching down into the lump right about that time, if I calculate correctly), and put on a couple of apple-honey brined chickens in the higher heat. I'll take advantage of that higher heat with a rack full of ABT's for munchies, and that should do us.

Brisket will be mustard and Smokin' Guns Hot, ribs will be mustard and Blues Hog, with maybe a pepper jelly glaze or just guru Danny Gaulden's traditional rib glaze (1 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup plain mustard, 1/4 to 1/3 cup cider vinegar, all simmered till melted and blended, and painted HOT on the ribs RIGHT as they come off the cooker. Beautiful color!)

Have a good cook!

Keri C, smokin' on Tulsa Time

HMmmm that sounds good, I can smell it from here. Full moon (almost) homebrews WSM smoking away in the corner, now that what I'm looking forward too. Post some pic's and I'll let you know if its as good as I can imagine it is.

here are pics but i cant get the full size to work. comcast + beer =
icon_confused.gif

http://home.comcast.net/~bdg2/bbq.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back