Who Owns A Cyber Q wifi?

M Glaser

Tell if it's worth it since you could buy a 18"WSM with how much it costs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3zN9La3ZFg

This thing looks incredible.

Cyber_K90-006__44001_zoom.gif

I almost bought one, but then decided I really wanted to do the Linkmeter project for more then 3 times less money. Just finishing up on it in the next day or two.

I've got one and have no complaints thus far. Prior to owing the WiFi unit i used the DigiQ 2 DX. Both work as advertised. There are less expensive and more expensive options out there just depends on the bells and whistles you are looking for.

I've posted on a couple threads here -- and over on the Kamado forum -- about my CyberQ. I love it! As Stefan says above, it works as advertised. No complaints about the temp control -- and the wifi took me a couple minutes to figure out. Ad hoc connection is fine -- but the real strength (IMHO) is the infrastructure mode which lets it function nicely as a web server in my LAN (I recommend *NOT* forwarding a port to it via your router since this current firmware has no password to prevent unauthorized access to the CyberQ -- next firmware, I understand, will add the password).

I run the CyberQ on an Chargriller Akorn about 100-125 feet from my router -- and I have no problems with connection strength. I'm currently using an early version windows app to log the time and temp -- saves in database, exports to Excel, and has a nice graphic interface showing the pit and food temps. It's a great way to keep tabs on the cook from my house -- plus I can access the CyberQ's web interface directly on my iPad and iPhone.

Great device. Highly recommended. I look forward to more mobile apps for it -- especially on the iPhone.

I have had one for about two weeks and plan on using it with my 22.5 WSM. I have not been home enough to give it a trial run yet. I have been able to run it in infrastructure mode on my home network and test the probes for accuracy.

I think I'm going to love it!

Back