Who has a Summit Platinum LP?? Need a plumbing pic

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I modified my Summit Platinum to LP by changing the orifices out in the continuously variable valves. However, I'm still not getting much of a low flame, so I'm wondering if there are still parts of the gas system I need to change out. I've got an LP regulator hooked up, but still have this in the plumbing.......

1647301169115.jpeg

I'm assuming that's gotta go as it looks to be a regulator, and, being original to the grill, it's gotta be NG?? Any chance someone who's got this grill in LP (mine's a 4 burner, but it shouldn't matter) could take a pic of your plumbing setup??

Thanks!

Rich

I modified my Summit Platinum to LP by changing the orifices out in the continuously variable valves. However, I'm still not getting much of a low flame, so I'm wondering if there are still parts of the gas system I need to change out. I've got an LP regulator hooked up, but still have this in the plumbing.......

View attachment 47167

I'm assuming that's gotta go as it looks to be a regulator, and, being original to the grill, it's gotta be NG?? Any chance someone who's got this grill in LP (mine's a 4 burner, but it shouldn't matter) could take a pic of your plumbing setup??

Thanks!

Rich
Why do you have 2 regulators?

It should be regulated propane into the fitting in the picture. Please note that the plug is an outlet for the side burner

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 8
Hi Rich, please let us know if that works for you
Any idea what the thread size is on that female end of the bulkhead fitting? I need to find an adapter that will go from the female end of my propane regulator hose to that female side of the bulkhead. None of the existing parts will do it....wrong thread size.

No worries if you don't happen to know, I can hit the hardware store tomorrow if needed. :)

R

View attachment 47167

Thanks!

Rich
I can take a pic tomorrow if needed.

Any idea what the thread size is on that female end of the bulkhead fitting? I need to find an adapter that will go from the female end of my propane regulator hose to that female side of the bulkhead. None of the existing parts will do it....wrong thread size.

No worries if you don't happen to know, I can hit the hardware store tomorrow if needed. :)

R
Hi Rich, it’s possible that the bulkhead fitting comes in 2 different flavors, LP and NG. See the attached picture. The one with the flare is LP hose ready. A trip to the hardware store with your bulkhead fitting and LP hose assembly is probably your best bet.
D2DD2E87-3803-4171-A34C-0EC6EC186AA9.jpeg
I think you will need a coupling fitting and an adapter flare for the LP hose. I’m not good with names or sizes so please forgive me. Here is a T fitting for reference just imagine it as a coupling

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 1
That if you didn't figure it out is a NG regulator. It is set to about 4" WC and LP needs 11" WC so you're trying to run it at less than half required pressure. As for your orifices I don't know if they're right or not

Hi Rich, it’s possible that the bulkhead fitting comes in 2 different flavors, LP and NG. See the attached picture. The one with the flare is LP hose ready. A trip to the hardware store with your bulkhead fitting and LP hose assembly is probably your best bet.
View attachment 47197
I think you will need a coupling fitting and an adapter flare for the LP hose. I’m not good with names or sizes so please forgive me. Here is a T fitting for reference just imagine it as a coupling
Pretty sure I just need a coupler with a male 1/2" and a 3/8" flare. I'll take my parts down to the local plumbing supply and get it sorted today. :)

Back