White Pepper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm new to this cooking gig. I don't know what one spice tastes like from the other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

welcome to the rabbit hole, it's pretty much bottomless...

I use white pepper much more often than black. It is the nut for mashed potatoes - any potato prep, really - and is essential in white sauces (béchamel, balsamella, besciamella, etc.).

Here it is in a rub, for example; here in another - where it's part of a peppercorn forcus; here, in response to a question about rub alternatives. It's the best when making quatre-èpices as noted in the linked post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
I use white pepper much more often than black. It is the nut for mashed potatoes - any potato prep, really - and is essential in white sauces (béchamel, balsamella, besciamella, etc.).

Here it is in a rub, for example; here in another - where it's part of a peppercorn forcus; here, in response to a question about rub alternatives. It's the best when making quatre-èpices as noted in the linked post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Much Thanks to all for the replies.

j, I think your right about the rabbit hole!

K That's Great info. Time to break out the copy and paste on these fine rub recipes. Very good thought about leaving the salt out and adding it before the rub. At least I know the Power of K-Salt!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back