Which Probe Port?

@Bruno , I received my Metric Step Drill Bit today also, but my Grommet is not due until Tomorrow.

I would think you want to drill above the grill grate and below the lid, so that the Grommet does not touch the Grill Grate for fear of melting.

Metric Step Bit.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 34795
Got my stuff, that Amazon is crazy. I’m not too excited about drilling a hole in the Slate performer though. I’ll practice on my oldest Green kettle but I don’t need it on that. The only reason I would like it on the slate is the P-vents. Decisions, decisions!!
Baby steps dude, start with a small bit pilot hole then move up to the step bit! Deep breath's, nothing to it, never look back!

View attachment 34795
Got my stuff, that Amazon is crazy. I’m not too excited about drilling a hole in the Slate performer though. I’ll practice on my oldest Green kettle but I don’t need it on that. The only reason I would like it on the slate is the P-vents. Decisions, decisions!!
I feel the same way and I've yet to drill my Stainless Steel Performer. One reason I like the smaller grommet. Just feels less destructive.

@Tim Snyder thanks for the suggestion for the grommet. Was hoping to get some advice on placement.

Would it work best here

20210815_121609.jpg

Or here

20210815_121620.jpg

Or here

20210815_121629.jpg

Or maybe here

20210815_121642.jpg

It works great to fit multiple probes in one hole.

20210815_123124.jpg

Last edited:

Back