Which Probe Port?

Samuel

TVWBB Wizard
Which Probe Port for my Kettle do you guys prefer. I have both. I just have not decided which one I want to install.

Amazon Probe Port.jpgSNS Probe port.jpg

Last edited:
I like that one Tim. I never new that one existed. Will my iGrill Mini work with that. It only has one probe. How many probes will fit through that hole.

My probe is like the red one pictured.

iGrill Bracket.jpg
81ARS+DmzCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I like that one Tim. I never new that one existed. Will my iGrill Mini work with that. It only has one probe. How many probes will fit through that hole.
I use a Thermoworks Smoke, two probes fit, no problem. I just wanted to mill the smallest hole in my grill possible.

Eric, I ordered this one in an attempt to save money but the inside hole did not close enough.
That is simply a cable gland jacked up in price.

The only difference is that the more expensive one has a plastic coupling that will ensure a tigher fit.

Dude I just checked mine, 1 3/8"! go big or stay home, Lol, I believe I needed something big to add a better/bigger thermometer to my WSM 22.

Do you have a link?

I bought extras, cheaper that way. If you guys want just one, PM me your address and I'll slip one in an envelope and send it to you.
Thanks for the Generous Offer.

I am ordering the 6 pack of Grommets and Impact Drill Step Bit from your links.

Very kind of you to volunteer, I greatly appreciate your consideration.

Tim I use these bits all the time at work, but other than blue tape on both sides when you drill any thoughts on how to not damage the porcelain. How do they hold up against high heat grilling.
thanks.

7938B432-C004-46C1-924E-FE67566AA8DA.jpeg
Got my stuff, that Amazon is crazy. I’m not too excited about drilling a hole in the Slate performer though. I’ll practice on my oldest Green kettle but I don’t need it on that. The only reason I would like it on the slate is the P-vents. Decisions, decisions!!

Back