Where to purchase Weber Summit Kamado?

FYI, I first ordered a WSCG from Amazon. During assembly I found multiple parts damaged and called Weber. They wouldn’t replace the parts, but rather made me return it to Amazon. I then went to ACE and bought one locally. I was able to negotiate a very minor discount with the franchise owner and free delivery.

I‘ve had horrible luck with shipped Weber grills. Every one I’ve bought shipped has had damaged parts (at least four that I can recall). Their packaging is designed to be freighted in bulk to retailers, versus consumer shipping. I do think they’ve been working on that the last couple years though with more direct sales and some of the more recent unboxing pics I’ve seen. However, I’d still recommend local if you can find a place that carries it. Any savings you might find online would be negated if you get partially through assembly and have to disassemble, repack, and return it as I did. I wasted hours dealing with it.
I will keep that in mind and shop locally first.

FYI, I first ordered a WSCG from Amazon. During assembly I found multiple parts damaged and called Weber. They wouldn’t replace the parts, but rather made me return it to Amazon. I then went to ACE and bought one locally. I was able to negotiate a very minor discount with the franchise owner and free delivery.

I‘ve had horrible luck with shipped Weber grills. Every one I’ve bought shipped has had damaged parts (at least four that I can recall). Their packaging is designed to be freighted in bulk to retailers, versus consumer shipping. I do think they’ve been working on that the last couple years though with more direct sales and some of the more recent unboxing pics I’ve seen. However, I’d still recommend local if you can find a place that carries it. Any savings you might find online would be negated if you get partially through assembly and have to disassemble, repack, and return it as I did. I wasted hours dealing with it.
I’ve had two kettles sent to me from private sellers that got damaged in shipping. In both instances, I asked the seller to add extra packing materials, as the way they are sent from Weber is intended to be palletized only. Unfortunately, they were still damaged during shipping. They are not packed to be shipped individually. If you are shipping someone a kettle, wrapping the outside of the lid and bowl individually with plastic wrap will help prevent scratches, along with extra support around the leg sockets on the bowl to prevent drop damage. There is good info on WKC on how to pack them as well.

Back