Where to get Wood at the Jersey Shore?

Tom R (doughboy)

TVWBB Member
OK, so the two guys I know that had apple and cherry don't have any. I don't want mesquite or hickory chips from Lowes or Home Depot. Can anyone suggest where I can get some good chunks of wood to use (like today or tomorrow) in the NJ Shore area?

I only need a little!

Tom, It wasn't really down the shore, but this weekend I was at the "old school" hardware store on Rte 34 in Colts Neck had a decent assortment of Weber wood chunks. I know they had Hickory and Apple, plus others, and chips.
Plus they had the 2010 Performer and Platinum to look at.
Depending on where you are, you could get there in 15 or 20 minutes from Belmar or Point Pleasnt. (right up 34)

Becker Hardware
P.O. Box 9
Colts Neck, NJ 07722

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Becker Hardware </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks stuart. I tried them but they're 'closed for the holidays'. Any other place around that you can think of?

I live in Holmdel, and have some apple and cherry I can share. You would have to pick it up Friday morning, basically before 1 pm. About to leave my office (NYC), so leave an email or number if you would like to set this up.

Stu

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stuart Osterweil:
I live in Holmdel, and have some apple and cherry I can share. You would have to pick it up Friday morning, basically before 1 pm. About to leave my office (NYC), so leave an email or number if you would like to set this up.

Stu </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stu... you rule! If you could email me, I'll pass off my info. doughboy_ona_fan (at) homail (dot) com

Back