Where to get cure#1

Brian Quintal

TVWBB Member
Sorry for this real dumb *** newbie question but where can you typically buy cure#1 or Morton's tender quick? I've checked out the local grocery stores in the area (Shaw's, Hannaford's) and have come up empty. I understand Morton's is becoming hard to get are they discontinuing this product?

If you have a butcher that makes their own sausage or bacon I'd see if they would be willing to sell you some...
otherwise here but I'd be sure to browse the site for some additional items to make the shipping cost a bit better.

MTQ is usually in the salt/spice aisle at a grocery store if they have it. Check this post for help finding it.

If you have a local Williams-Sonoma store they sell curing salt (for a small fortune) which is #1. You might also have luck at a local Bass Pro Shop/Gander Mountain/Cabela's type store.

We have a local sausage makers/charcuterie store in Houston. I noticed today you can also get it from sausagemaker.com.

MTQ is usually in the salt/spice aisle at a grocery store if they have it. Check this post for help finding it.

If you have a local Williams-Sonoma store they sell curing salt (for a small fortune) which is #1. You might also have luck at a local Bass Pro Shop/Gander Mountain/Cabela's type store.

Thanks for the idea's I'll check them all out. I actually have a Williams-Sonoma within walking distance so I'll check them out too. I wish I had Bass Pro shop or Cabela's in the area but nothing under an hour commute.

Back