Where to find woods for smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron F

TVWBB Fan
I have access to all the Hickory, Mesquite, and Oak I want, but where do you all find the alder, apple, and other woods at??

Thanks,

Ron

Ron
Barbeques Galore has all the wood you mentioned, plus more.

Peter

I've listed some mail order sources for smoke wood on the All About Smoke Woods page.

Also, you can click "search" at the top of this page and do a search on "wood source". You'll find many past threads containing suggestions, including mail order sources, visiting golf courses, tree trimming services, orchards, etc.

Regards,
Chris

Today I just moved a bunch of maple into the basement to season after the tree man removed a large limb overhanging my house. I wonder if the meat will taste better since the wood comes from my own yard?!

Absolutely Ben!
Nothin better than home brewed, home made, home grown, home cooked..... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ron, don't know where you're at in Michigan but if you are anywhere near apple orchards, at this time of the year they will either have wood to sell or give away. Last year I got 40 pounds of apple wood from an orchard in Romeo for $5.

My local ACE Hardware store stocks all kinds of wood chunks ... Alder, Grape, Peach, Hickory, Mesquite, Perssimon, Apple, Oak, Pecan ... $7.95/bag (7-10 pounds /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif I think).

Hey thanks everyone....I called an apple orchard near my home and yes they have it. She told me $55 for a face-cord of wood which is a full pickup truck load. I said whoa! thats too much wood I just need 30 or so pounds. She said we'll work something out. If I had the storage space for the face-cord I would just get it but I don't.....Thanks again everyone...

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back