Where to buy pork butt in CT ?

I am shocked I am having trouble finding this. Tried Sams , Bjs and costco. Where are you guys in CT getting that butt. I am in the Waterbury area if that helps

steve

Steve,
I'm close to Hartford, there are a couple of stores here. Adolf's on New Britain Ave in Hartford, Newington Meat in Newington, West Side Market in Rocky Hill.
There is a store called the Country Butcher out around Tolland, a little more of a distance for you.
Good luck

Yea all those places seem a little far. I'm shocked my local Sam's or BJs didn't have it.
Any other places please throw them out there.

Steve

Where do you live Steve, I am in Farmington, usually get mine at BJ's in West Hartford, bone in. Shop rite and Stop& Shop have them as well but not always. Whole foods sells em but they are boneless, Highland Park as well.I believe Boghner Meats also carries them.

Did you ask at Sam's? I talked to one of the guys in their meat department and he said that they could get some things on request but not the beef long ribs I was asking about. Nevertheless, he was able to recommend local markets where I might find stuff like that. I would also ask at the meat counter of your local supermarket.

Of course it's always better to find them in the meat case at a decent price.

DSC_3929-PP.JPG

Steve, Ferraro's on Grand ave has THE BEST and fresh butts in the state. Known for their freshly butchered meat. Get a couple Bellies while your there and look crazy and talk to yourself it's in the middle of the projects in New Haven but it's worth it.

Steve check your Sams...I was in two Sams today, one had them the other did not
Newington store had doubles, boston butt, $1.88/lb, same as the other post from the sams in IL

Back