Where to buy butt in central NJ

Jeff Wildrick

TVWBB Fan
I've signed up to smoke 6 butts for a fundraiser at our church on July 14. Usually I've been buying boneless butts at Costco, but I'd like to pay less if anyone knows a better source. Bone in is fine.

Any suggestions? I'm in central NJ, about 20 miles west of Newark.

Jeff, I am 30 miles or so south of you. I buy twin packs of Boston Butts(bone in) at BJ'S for 1.19-1.49/lb.

Cheers,
Ed
Weber Silver C
WSM

the costco in hazlet has boneless ones.

you just have to tell them that it's "PLU code 809" because they never know how to ring them up properly so you only get charged the $1.70 or so per pound that you should.

edit: oops, sorry. i missed the sentence where you said you already shop at costco...first cup of coffee hasn't woken up my eyes yet!

if you can get a hold of a membership(you may even be able to get one through your church),
restaurant depot may be your best bet. they have the cheapest prices i've seen, including compared to bj's and costco. they've got locations in kenilworth and south plainfield.

I just checked out Restaurant Depot, and they do seem to have a good deal. I got a membership for our church (free) and will be heading over shortly.
Thanks!

This is where I pick up mine:

Perrottis Quality Meats & Groceries 23 S Union Ave Cranford, NJ 07016 908-272-4980

I am going to try Restaurant Depot though. Perrottis normally has them mid week. Any that are unsold go into sausage for the weekend, and a new shipment arrives on Monday or so.

Back