Where to buy a roasting pan ?

Order placed for the one in K's link. Thanks guys. $59 total, free shipping, on it's way.

Looking forward to breaking it in. Maybe a nice stuffed pork loin roast?

Originally posted by K Kruger:
(I like their non-stick egg pans too; they're the only non-sticks I have.)
K, Was wondering whick non-stick Calhphalon egg pan/s you prefer? TIA

Originally posted by K Kruger:
This pair. I use whichever size is appropriate in terms of what I am making and/or the quantity.
I ordered the right ones then.
icon_cool.gif
That's a good price on that set, NO?

I'd say so, telling by the costs of most raw materials these days.

I've heard that these do a great job with creating fond.

Originally posted by Tom Chips:
I'd say so, telling by the costs of most raw materials these days.

I've heard that these do a great job with creating fond.
I can't wait to use them. Since it's Thursday here on the right coast, they'll be delivered today. $49.00 for the pair is a good deal IMO.
icon_cool.gif
I'm thinking grilled cheese and Tomato soup for dinner tonight.
icon_biggrin.gif

Another thing to consider: Linens 'N Things is going out of business. You might be able to pick one up at a greatly reduced price.

The pans came on Thursday, finally got around to opening the box a short while ago. These pans are very nice and LOVE the new handle design on them. This is a sweet deal.
icon_cool.gif

Good handles make flipping/hand tossing more pleasant; both feel and angle are key. Not such an issue for something like eggs where one is likely only to flip once, but for onions, say, or duxelles,or a mirepoix--stuff where one is flipping maybe a dozen times or more a minute--feel and angle sure make a difference. It's why I dislike All-Clad.

Btw, the pans are oven safe to 450, higher than many others, so good for finishing puffy omelettes, frittatas, etc.

Just curious, do you guys use these roasting pans in your WSMs? I have an el cheapo that I use in my WSM a 10 x 15 (perfect fit by the way) $15 special. Don't use my nice roaster in the WSM, just curious

Only time I use a roasting pan in the WSM is when I'm doing a turkey (to catch drippings for gravy on bottom grate) or when doing Stogies Chuck Roast.

I don't, but I rarely do anything that requires a pan. For those rare occasions I just make one out of HD. When I do meats that I am smoking first then finishing as a braise I go naked for the smoking and use a CI pot for the braising.

I picked up mine yesterday. Wow, it's lightweight! I was worried that it might be too thin. But I don't think it will be a problem.

My joys in getting it were tempered by my frustrations with also getting my new espresso grinder the same day, and finding out it does not work right.

I fianlly used the 10" pan tonight, Love, Love, Love the handle. What a very well designed pan, simply AWSOME!
icon_cool.gif

Thanks for chekcing, Tom.

I saw a 15 x 10 cheapo at K-Mart I will pick up for the WSM. It's hard to find one that size that isn't non-stick...oh, and I need it by tomorrow so i can't order one online.

Back