Where have you gone Alton Brown?

No kidding, Food Network has gone down the drain and Alton Brown sold out to them. PBS has had Jacques Pepin and Lidia Bastianich who are name stays who actually cook and have been around for years and years and deserve respect, not the sellouts like Giada, Bobby Flay and Alton on Food Network. Edit: Add to the PBS list Steven Raichlen.

Last edited:
While I agree with you about Food Network, I can't fault AB. You have to make a living and if FN wants to pay for this junk then so be it. There is very little on Food Network that we will watch but they are only doing what sells. At least Cooking Channel has some cooking shows on Saturdays and Good Eats is still being shown. The reruns are mostly ones I have seen but occasionally I enjoy watching them again. And some of the ones I haven't seen are still there. Just pick the good programming and ignore the junk. Sooner or later they might get the message but unfortunately there are many out there that enjoy the junk.

No kidding, Food Network has gone down the drain and Alton Brown sold out to them. PBS has had Jacques Pepin and Lidia Bastianich who are name stays who actually cook and have been around for years and years and deserve respect, not the sellouts like Giada, Bobby Flay and Alton on Food Network. Edit: Add to the PBS list Steven Raichlen.

Steven Raichlen has sold out along time ago.:) ( and good for him) Just like Rachel Ray ( she has a line of pet food, which my dogs like ) and the other foodies.
Like Bob Ivey pointed out, you can make a living , but you have to sell your name...

Tim

From what I have read, Alton Brown and Bobby Flay just might be in a list of owners of the Food Network. Emeril too. It would be worth investigating.

Back