Where do you guys store all your accessories?

Greg Y

TVWBB Pro
This may not be the correct place for this question, but I have accumulated PLENTY of grilling accessories such as, pizza stones, fish turners, grill woks, jalapeno racks, drip pans, wood chip soaker bowl, digital thermometer, spoon rest, etc.

Right now they are all stuffed in the bottom cabinet of my Genesis and on the bottom rack of my Performer. I would like them more organized, accessible, and it would be great if the solution looked nice.
I was thinking of maybe a cabinet or two mounted on the wall of the house in the screen room where I do all my grilling. The screen room is kind of small, 10x20, so space is at a premium. Maybe a rolling cart or ?

all over the place. umm yea - my wife actually just complained about this last night. guess its time to start looking for options...

Tongs hang on the Performer.
Maverick and Thermapen thermometers in a drawer.
Pretty much all I need for 99% of my cooks, and I very seldom use the Maverick.

I've got a "garden shed" in the backyard that is now Pete's Cookin' Stuff Shed. I stow lots of stuff out there - bags of charcoal, all my pizza making equipment, cast iron, etc. etc.

Most of it I keep in our comp trailer, but the rest is in our furnace room on shelves.

Get an unfinished wall cabinet unit. Pretty cheap and hides everything. You can finish it as you want.

I've outgrown my kitchen drawer, only entitled to one. I have stuff in the garage and in the basement. I love to make stuff up for cooking. I need an outdoor cabinet.

This may not be the correct place for this question, but I have accumulated PLENTY of grilling accessories such as, pizza stones, fish turners, grill woks, jalapeno racks, drip pans, wood chip soaker bowl, digital thermometer, spoon rest, etc.

Right now they are all stuffed in the bottom cabinet of my Genesis and on the bottom rack of my Performer. I would like them more organized, accessible, and it would be great if the solution looked nice.
I was thinking of maybe a cabinet or two mounted on the wall of the house in the screen room where I do all my grilling. The screen room is kind of small, 10x20, so space is at a premium. Maybe a rolling cart or ?

I store stuff here and there, but I seen that Whalen Stainless tool chest at Costco and thought that should make for a nice Bbq storage/prep area.

I added these side cabinets to the Genesis this past spring and I helped out a lot.

IMG-20130520-00016_zps1b32de5b.jpg
[/URL]

I hope one of these links works.

I took the cheap way out. I took a used 40 gal trash container, cleaned it with Lysol, and I store my charcoal (open bag only), open bags of wood, aluminum pans, and frequently used utensils. I roll it out of the way when I need space to maneuver on the patio (which is also a cheap fix -- about 18 patio blocks placed on the lawn). I may resort to putting everything barbecue-related in the shed which is just a few feet away.

I keep most stuff inside my gas grill (that I never cook on). It's a massive 4 burner bastard so I keep a lot of charcoal, wood chunks and grate lifter in the main part. In the drawer are the tongs, spatulas, bottle opener, lighters, etc.

The (fastest ever) Orange Thermapen and the Maverick ET-732 stay indoors, on top of the fridge in the KitchenAid Stand Mixer bowl.

CM

In my garage. I have a BBQ bar where the wood chunks and some utensils hang out. A plastic shelving unit where the baskets and CI are. I hang the grates on the wall and charcoal is in a wooden shelving unit.

Tim

I thought about keeping my stuff in the Genesis cabinets, but I live in Canada and I figured it might get too cold for some of the equipment. Any thoughts on this?

Greg - I store them in my wife's way apparently. This has been an issue around our house too. I am thinking about getting one of those Rubbermaid cabinets to set on the deck, under the eave, next to my grills and smokers. They are free standing and waterproof. The only problem is the shelves are not adjustable so I need to make sure all of my gear will fit...

Regards,

John

Right now, it's all over the place. I'm planning a simple outdoor kitchen this spring, complexity of which will be determined by how much of the work I do (simple) vs how much my hired handyman does. Basic plan will be cinder block frame with granite slab countertop. Under counters will be open for a fridge in one spot, then two or three other open sections. Only closed/boxed-doors spot will likely be under the sink. For the open storage sections, I'll dedicate one for my pizza dome grill topper for my Beefeater, then use something like THESE, in a few spots.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000189CS2/tvwb-20

And depending on disposable income with the project, one or two of these to put them on.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B007CXO2W0/tvwb-20

This company makes several sizes of these, and even has a few different colors. I can't attest to he strength or durability of this brand, but I'm familiar with his style of tote, and they're awesome. Stackable/uniform footprint.. Not exactly waterproof, but are pretty well sealed when closed. If using under a counter, under some roof-like covering, I can't see water ever being an issue. Six pack should store a ton of stuff. I figure three in one spot for fuel... One for main charcoal, one for main wood chunks, and one for backup of both... Keep the Weber starter cubes and torch and cooled down chimney in one of them. Use the other three for all he other gadgets, utensils, pots, pans, etc...

My thinking with these are that they should be durable and last a long time... Look nice and organized when they're closed and stacked, out of the way in a corner or under a countertop or cooking-work table... And nobody has to see how messy and disorganized they are inside the closed tops. Same concept of cleaning my room as a kid... Cram everything under the bed or in the closet, boom.. Room cleaned!

Last edited:

Back