Where did I go wrong? World's slowest bbq

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to consider getting a BBQ Guru. It will give you probes for both pit and meat and it will control your fire to the temperature you select through its fan system. Granted its not "old school", but it can help simplify the process and reduce the likelihood of ruined or bad meat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrockinFLA:
[qb]Mostly your concerned with temps everywhere above the water pan. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Or ANYWHERE above the water pan. The point is to find a spot where you can measure temp and be confident that you know how it affects the outcome of the finished product.

I measure temp through one of the top vents ('cause I'm too lazy to drill a hole). I know that if my thermometer reads 240-260 that I'm in a good zone. If outside of this range I need to consider making adjustments.

BTW, I'm not familiar with the jacket, but responses seem to suggest that it impedes airflow. Is that the case?

Tony as long as the jacket doen't cover the vents in real cold weather it is a good idea, it won't hurt airflow at all.
Jim

I'm not familiar with the jacket at all; can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,

Kelly

Regarding "danger zone" temps:
Should we then deviate from the cooking instructions in the BRITU recipe and remove ribs from the refrigerator, rub and immediately place in WSM, not letting the slabs sit at room temperature for two hours? Or can you rub overnight and place directly in WSM? Thanks in advance.

Thank you for that link, Darrell. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back