Where can I find a mop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken McCrary

TVWBB Super Fan
I've decided that the ultimate in cool is to have a little pot with sauce in it sitting on the grate next to the ribs and then using a small mop to baste the ribs. Trouble is I can't find a small mop. I went looking at Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot, ACe Hardeare ec. amy ideas aas to where I should look?

Look in the household cleaning sections of those stores for a cotton mop for dishwashing. I picked mine up in in a similar section of a regular grocery. Remember, when you use it, to wet it first so it won't soak up all your mop sauce.

Good Grief look at them typos in the original request. I'm surprised you guys could understand what I was asking for? Remember Mushmouth from the old Fat Albert cartoons?....lol

Thanks for the link and the Suggestion as to where to look.

I'm pretty sure I picked up one from Academy Sports which really has a pretty good section for outdoor cooking - if you can make your way through all the ECBs. Of course I shouldn't say too much because I sure like their $5 deal on the Brinkman Charcoal pan. At that price they're almost disposable.
icon_smile.gif

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken McCrary:
I've decided that the ultimate in cool is to have a little pot with sauce in it sitting on the grate next to the ribs and then using a small mop to baste the ribs. Trouble is I can't find a small mop. I went looking at Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot, ACe Hardeare ec. amy ideas aas to where I should look? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Krogers, Winn Dixie, Brunos, Bed Bath & Beyond.

Jim

I bought a big mop head (replacement head) (all cotton----verrry important). They're very inexpensive. Then, whenever I need a mop, I cut off several strands of the thing, take one of them and tie it around the middle of the others (to hold them together), and then hold the whole shebang with my (locking) tongs. I've been on the same mop head since January!

See?
http://usera.imagecave.com/SusanZap/mop/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back