Where are bar b que cookoffs held?

DavidD

TVWBB Super Fan
Bar b que is moderately popular in Florida, but nothing like Tx, Tenn, St. Louis, etc. but thought if i could find a cookoff or something like that, I would be interested in going. Anyone know where i can find such information? anything in Florida would be preferred. Anyone on this board consider coordinating such a thing, just for fun?

Where are you located, David? I've competed in three comps in Florida since January--Lakeland, Lake City, and recently, St. Cloud. Come this fall, there are comps in Ocala, Kissimmee, Brooksville, and Plant City. As the others said, check out the FBA and KCBS websites for specifics. Are you thinking of competing or going to watch? You are always welcome to hang with us.

I'm in Orlando. Based on some of the responses, it looks like the cookoffs are most over for the summer months, at least anywhere nearby. I just want to go as a spectator and enjoy the experience. I'm not a competition cooker by any means, but have an appreciation for those who are.

Davidd:

I haven't been on this great site for a while and was doing some topic searches and came across this old thread.

There is one, pretty much, in your backyard next month:

November 14-15, 2008. Sanctioned by the Florida Barbeque Association.

1st Annual Bartow Blugrass and Barbeque Festival

Hopefully, it won't get cancelled. Several of them this year and last that we had planned on "cutting our teeth on" in the backyard division have.

Back