When to "pull" your butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use neophrene gloves to move meat around on the cooker and to remove from the cooker. I don't use them to do the pulling and don't really see how you could ? I guess you could use surgical gloves but that doesn't solve the heat problem, does it ? I use two forks to seperate large pieces and then pull the strands as they cool some, which is pretty quick. I like the strands pulled apart as much as possible - but, it is extra work.

Paul

Thanks for the tip Chet, I also got some elbow length fire engine red welders gloves for WSM handling. I didn't know they could be washed.

Paul, my neoprene gloves work great for pulling and hot meat handling. I can feel a bit of warmth through them but my hands don't even break a sweat.

For pulling, I have had the luxury of waiting for it to cool down a bit before digging in. It still stung a bit, but was manageable.

In a pinch, say the butt took longer than you planned, could you use a pair of cheap cotton, polyester, or nylon gloves with food service plastic gloves over top? It seems to me that the food service gloves would provide the sanitation, and the inner glove would provide adequate insulation.

Chet

"<chuckling> You just keep on thinkin', Butch. That's what your good at." - Robert Redford in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Shawn,

I don't know if yours can be washed. I pretty much counted them as "no deposit, no return" when I tried it. It hasn't been a problem yet (six or seven spins), but that's not to say it won't.

I air dry them. After the spin cycle, they dry pretty quickly in the sun.

thanks Chet, I'll throw them in once or twice a year maybe or when I just can't stand the look of em anymore

I too purchased the black neophrene gloves from Home Depot. They have a textured surface and work great for handling/pulling.

An added feature that I like is that there is also a textured surface over the nail area of the gloves that make taking them off very easy.

Rath:

Please say Lowes...HD other side of freeway, next to Walmart, next to Goodies, next to Petsmart, next to ....have you got the picture yet?

Will hafto find some of these gloves before this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back