What's your go to....

Hayden McCall

TVWBB All-Star
Sauce?
Rub?
Marinade?

If you were on an island with nothing but a Weber, an unlimited supply of charcoal extruded from coconut, and copious amounts of grillable goodies, and were stuck with one sauce, one rub, and one marinade to cook it all...what would it be?

My sauce would be Rufus Teague Made Some Sauce Blazin' Hot, Williams' Sonoma's Coffee & Spice (or Spicy Chipotle since the coffee one is now extinct), and Lawry's Baja Chipotle marinade.

Cornell for chicken(hands down)
Another vote for Rufus./Blues hog.
Rub: Humm thats a hard one. Salt/pepper in the end would be the winner i guess. But if i could take more spices i would.

wolfgast, how long do you marinate the chicken parts for in the cornell? I did mine for a few hours and it seemed like it could maybe went 24 without being to vinegary?

No.5 Sauce

4 Pepper Rub (in the rub and sauce recipes)

Homemade Italian dressing with either fresh lemon or orange juice, zest and plenty of fresh ground black pepper.

No. 5 sauce.

Homemade rub, because I don't usually buy rub and I'm getting good at making my own.

Homemade jerk marinade.

For sauce,I'd go with a Jack Daniel's bbq sauce that Pammi found online. Very similar to the stuff they have at TGIF's,AND I get to sample the JD! You know,quality control!
icon_wink.gif

For rubs,I like most of the Stubbs line of rubs. The chili-lime is AWESOME on ribs,and I like their barbecue rub on most everything else.
As far as marinades,I'm not much into that. Well except for myself when I'm getting stuff ready!
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil Perrin:
For sauce,I'd go with a Jack Daniel's bbq sauce that Pammi found online. Very similar to the stuff they have at TGIF's,AND I get to sample the JD! You know,quality control!
icon_wink.gif

For rubs,I like most of the Stubbs line of rubs. The chili-lime is AWESOME on ribs,and I like their barbecue rub on most everything else.
As far as marinades,I'm not much into that. Well except for myself when I'm getting stuff ready!
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow Phil. I've heard of self medicating before...but self MARINATING? I want details.

Sauce - modified #5 or Wicker's.
Rub - homemade Mohunken rub.
Marinade - Roadside Chicken sauce. It's not just for chicken anymore!
icon_biggrin.gif

Sauce Sweet Baby Rays. It's easy to add other flavors.

Rub Plowboys Yardbird. Great on chicken but not bad on everything else. Also because you only let me pick one.
icon_smile.gif

Marinade Bella Suns Carne Asada.

Back