What's up from The Land of Enchantment

RobNM

TVWBB Member
Hello everyone, I've always enjoyed manning the grill and cooking up steaks, burgers hotdogs. marinated skirt steak to grilled NM style corn on the cob. I have had many of grills through my years, the worst was the Brinkman Commercial. What a POS that was to my baby The Weber Genesis S-330NG. I thought this was it this was all I will ever need,then it hit me... The low and slow smoking bug. I tried to make the best out of what I had so I got a Weber smoke box, some wood chips and been using that for the last few years. Works great actually but something was missing. My brother who also is into grilling and smoking got a WSM 14 . What a huge differance the charcoal and wood make in the flavor. I knew after trying one of his ribs smoked on the WSM I needed to have one. I posted on the WSM. Section an indecent that recently happened trying to purchase an 18.5 recently so I will have one here shortly. I wanted to say hello to everyone here. Looking forward to posting some of my SW Style BBQ.
Red, Green or Christmas

Welcome, Rob! I read your post about your WSM order that fell through. Not good. I hope you are able to acquire one soon. Looking forward to seeing some of your SW style BBQ.:wsm:

Welcome, Rob! I read your post about your WSM order that fell through. Not good. I hope you are able to acquire one soon. Looking forward to seeing some of your SW style BBQ.:wsm:
Ed, thank you sir...It is definitely a pain in the you know what..... Thank God they didn't steal more than the $200.00 that would have made my 4th even worse.
I will get one soon here very shortly, I have been looking and looking and locally they are out. If I go online it will be with one of the big guys.
The SW Style is something I want to really work on, there are a few places here in Albuquerque that do it but to be honest not as much as I thought. i wonder if if there is anyone on this forum that does it????Just trying something a little different.

Welcome, I love your state and have visited several times. I'm indecisive (or don't want to miss out) so it's Christmas every time for me. Sorry about your bad online ordering experience. Can't wait to see your cooks.

Love touring New Mexico. Not sure what would be official New Mexico bbq but I am looking forward to what you
bring up. Maybe chili New Mexico or green chili...

Welcome, Rob!

I had my first plate ever of carne adovada at Mary & Tito's earlier this year. It was everything I was told it would be.(y)

Thanks everyone for the replies. J. Thank you the WSM thing has been the reminder to pull my head out of my you know what and just pay attention. I guess it happens in one way or another to the best of us. :)
NM is definitely a beautifiul state loaded with tons of things to do. It is a shame that this year with the whole COVID thing all of our major events are being cancelled. The hatch chili festival is closed for the first time ever and our families favorite event that is now canceled is the international balloon fiestaSuch a shame.
Mary and Titos is known for their carne adovada. Good choice Brad.. Smoking a good pork loin and making carne adovada out of it is wonderful, you add the Smokyness from the smoke to the red chili. My Mouths watering now. Some warm tortillas with real Irish butter. Ok I need to stop.
Tony we really don't have a SW or NM style I say that because we put chili on everything. I've started trying to incorporate the red or green or both with bbq. Some people do it but to be honest its not as popular as I would think it would be. In my opinion chili and meat go together like peanut butter and jelly. Certain chili's taste better on certain meats but for those who can't decide we go Christmas.
I love hot chili so when I do my cooks I have to watch it when I cook for the fam they don't necessarily like it as hot as I do.

Back