What's everyone cooking this weekend?

Pete B

TVWBB Member
Ok all you charcoal burnin', wood-smokin' people, what's on the grill or in the smoker this weekend.

Tonight, it's ribeyes over charcoal with a little cherry for smoke.

Tomorrow, it's spare ribs, 'tater salad, beans n greens, in the smoker with cherry wood and a spray of half apple juice and half jack daniels.

Sunday it's more ribeyes with grilled veggies.

Monday it's smoked chicken with mashed 'taters and corn on the cob. Also some grilled scallops wrapped in BACON!

Some Bone-suckin' barbecue sauce, some cornbread, booze and a whole lot of Delbert McClinton makes it a perfect weekend!

Delbert IS barbecue music.

Of course, there will be many naps. Napping is a part of the barbecue ritual. The early morning tea with cognac in it (god help me, I can't drink coffee) will induce the nap once the temp is stabilized in the smoker.

I didn't want to freeze anything, so I'll be off to BJ's in the morning for some fresh stuff. Who knows what I'll bring home. No doubt some chicken, cow and pig.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave/G:
so I'll be off to BJ's in the morning for some fresh stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dave, I went to my BJ's last week and noticed they no longer carry Excell pork. They switched to Smithfield/SmithyField<sp? Brand. The BB's were great and they are not enhanced. I was worried though, have been buying Excell forever. Just a heads up in case your BJ's switched too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Delbert IS barbecue music </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm with you on that one. Delbert is beer drinking music too. I still love listening to the LIVE FROM AUSTIN cd after all these years.
My son and I are getting up at 0430 military time to get the smoker set up for about 11 lbs of chuck roll for saturday dinner with the extended family. Then I'll get him trained up on cooking some spare ribs for Sundays' dinner.
he's only 10 years old, by the time he's twelve I may have an accomplished cook on my hands. We will be wearing our smoke day shirts when the company arrives and I'm sure I will find some way to give him credit for the awsome BBQ their having for dinner. Everyone have a good weekend.....Chris

Flank Steak for fajitas on Sat, Briskit flat & sausage on Sun. Two 10lb butts & ABT's overnight Sun night for Mon. Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Greg

Smoker is coming up to temp as I type this for an overnight of 2 boneless BB's from Costco.

Then 6 slabs of loin backs plus some Hot and Mild Azar's sausage.

I'm a I.T. Director and am having my team over for BBQ and Beer tomorrow. Hopefully my BBQ quality reflects how much I appreciate the work my guys do.

Saturday will be ribeyes, baked potatoes, some
sweet corn and a side of chicken fried bacon
with gravy.

My smoker just hit 225 degrees, and I'm ready to hurry up and wait for my two 8 lb. pork butts.
icon_smile.gif

This is my first overnight cook, so hopefully everything turns out well. I'm sure it will.

I've found it's pretty hard to screw things up in the WSM...
icon_wink.gif

Not sure what I'm cooking each day but here is what the wife brought home from shopping and it will all get cooked at some point this weekend.

Family Pack of chicken thighs will turn into RSC

2 crappy looking racks of beef ribs will be smoked

big sirloin will possibly turn into kabobs of some sort

I put two butts on about 45 minutes ago (5:45am).
Cooking them a bit higher than I have in the past after reading all the good results here. Shooting for between 275 and 300.
They're about 7.5lbs each and I need them done at about 4:00pm so I should be O.K. onlt going to foil if I need to.

5:00 am and I got a briskett going, and hopefully will be enjoying it by late afternoon. Used one of the receipes off the site here in which I marinated it overnight with wine. Used this receipe once before and it was good, so I am hoping for the same results this time.

Cooking a bunch this weekend. A packer, babybacks, spares, and experimenting on my chicken. Friends and Family are going to stay at my house this weekend. No Absinthe. I tried that crap last weekend. Made me yak.

Brisket is on already. Going to be joined by some chicken breasts tonight for dinner. Ribs is on the menu for Monday.

Put to BB's on at midnight last night....the WSM settled in at 225 pretty quickly, just like always. Should pull them off around 4, pull it around 4:30 or 5:00 while the fries and hushpuppies are frying up. Down at the lake with the whole family !

Back