What's beef brisket?

Mike W.

TVWBB Member
Hi!

I'm a little embarrassed to ask what beef brisket is! How do you serve it? I'm guessing it's similar to pulled pork and you eat it on a bun.

The reason why I ask is that I tried to make a really small beef brisket a few weeks ago and it turned out horrible. It was way overdry and tasted like you were eating jerky. Granted, it was only a pound all together, and most of them on the site are 8 pounds.

I'm just wondering what should I expect. Should it be juicy? What do you eat/serve it with?

I want to smoke something this weekend, but I'm tired of ribs and pulled pork. Just wondering if anybody could shine some light on it!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mike.

Here is a good overview of what brisket is. You'll see from the pictures what it looks like, etc.

Also, check on the "Cooking" tab above, to go "Beef" and you will get some good baseline ideas on how to cook it.

To quickly answer your questions - Brisket is great when cooked correctly. It is moist, tender, flavorful, etc. It is not generally (but can be) pulled like pulled pork. Rather, it is most commonly sliced thinly and served alone, or possibly on a sandwich.

Back