What Weber gas grill have a SS cabinet floor

Lance-DjL

TVWBB Member
Hi everybody.

I'm searching for an older Weber grill with a cabinet for my neighbor.

Is the Summit Platinum the only model that has the SS floor? I would like to avoid the Summit (for him) due to the rust issues.

Also, are there any after market SS drip pans available?

Thanks.

Hi everybody.

I'm searching for an older Weber grill with a cabinet for my neighbor.

Is the Summit Platinum the only model that has the SS floor? I would like to avoid the Summit (for him) due to the rust issues.

Also, are there any after market SS drip pans available?

Thanks.
Hi Lance, stainless is overrated in my opinion on the Weber grill frames and cabinets. Bits and pieces here and there and no complete stainless models.

The drip pans are not available in stainless.

That said, the cabinet grills can be fixed and can be converted to cart models to extend their life.

For an older grill you are going to have to do quite a bit of work to restore it anyways in most cases. There is plenty of help and ideas on this forum.

Yep, the summit platinum is the only Weber grill that had a stainless cabinet and floor. But, yah, please stay away from the Summits unless you really have done your homework. The Vielux might also have all stainless cabinets, but those are rarer than a Biden lucid moment.
I also know of no SS drip pans.

My older Summit has a painted cab and the only are that rusted was the LP tank hole edges. I made it into an SS cabinet with a paint called ALLOY BOND liquid Stainless steel, spray. There are a lot of others out there that claim a lot, this stuff is the real deal. No priming, just scrape, sand the loose paint & rust to sound, and apply multiple a coupe of coats. Done deal!

1661701613953.jpeg1661701613953.jpeg

Hi Lance, stainless is overrated in my opinion on the Weber grill frames and cabinets. Bits and pieces here and there and no complete stainless models.

That said, the cabinet grills can be fixed and can be converted to cart models to extend their life.

For an older grill you are going to have to do quite a bit of work to restore it anyways in most cases. There is plenty of help and ideas on this forum.
Thanks for that BPratt.

I get what your saying about SS being overrated. I must say though, my Weber has a SS frame with the SS floor. It has been trouble free and still looks as good as the day I brought it home 16 years ago (after a good cleaning).

I've seen many Frankenstein grills on this forum and was wondering if a Genesis Platinum C would fit on a Summit Platinum C frame with out any major modifications. I would think that might be the best grill combination, if you're looking for that particular style grill.

I've seen many Frankenstein grills on this forum and was wondering if a Genesis Platinum C would fit on a Summit Platinum C frame with out any major modifications. I would think that might be the best grill combination, if you're looking for that particular style grill.
Anything is possible, but not without some metal working/welding.

My older Summit has a painted cab and the only are that rusted was the LP tank hole edges. I made it into an SS cabinet with a paint called ALLOY BOND liquid Stainless steel, spray. There are a lot of others out there that claim a lot, this stuff is the real deal. No priming, just scrape, sand the loose paint & rust to sound, and apply multiple a coupe of coats. Done deal!

View attachment 58346View attachment 58346
Very interesting. I need to learn more. Thanks for sharing.

I am surprised you feel that way. As someone who has tried to rescue some Genesis grills with serious rust issues in their frames, I personally love those rare Platinum stainless frames. They appear to be real 304 stainless and sure hold up leagues better than painted steel. This is particularly true in comparison to “regular” Silver and Gold grills with the same design extension pieces. While the stainless ones can have weld failures, I have experienced - and many others here have lamented - how those regular steel extensions rust terribly and fuse to the plastic end caps.

View attachment 58346View attachment 58346
That looks really interesting. Here is some more info I found.

Steel Spray Paint for Industrial Automotive Marine Parts SuperCoat-316L™

Supercoat-316L is an acrylic material pigmented with 316 stainless steel flake spray paint in an aerosol form. Use as touch up for the products or used by itself in small job applications. SuperCoat-316L™ is a gray spraypaint with a stainless steel finish ideal for industrial parts, automotive parts, and marine parts where chemical corrosion resistance is needed.

This stainless steel spray paint formulated with acrylic resin pigmented with 100% 316L stainless steel flake in a full one pint 13-ounce aerosol can.

The only place online I found it was here for $21 per can! @D. Dix - Where did you get yours?

Back