What was your best kettle accessory purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't used my rotisserie in probably over 3 months. I plan on cooking a turkey next week (actually I have been planning on cooking a turkey the past 3 weeks and never get around to it) and when I do I'll break out the rotisserie for that.

I can understand that some do not like the Smokenator, but I do. I have one and I'm learning to do both hot and cold smoke on my Weber 22.5 OTG. That makes it very handy. For the average guy, I would say spend money on Thermoworks Thermapen thermometer. They have a limited issue for sale now that is PERFECT for the BBQ enthusiast, being black with red flames up the side. Made in England, the company that imports them services them is in the USA. My best purchase for ANY form of cooking.

Weber-wise, if he has a 22.5 inch unit, get the handy dome holder, I wish I had one for BBQ, but it would get in the way for smoking.

The roti unit, whether Weber, Cajun, or whomever is nice idea too.

If I read your equipment correctly you do not have a WSM. The Smokenator got me started on low and slow and has worked very well for several cooks. I also have the rotisserie and love it too. I would recommend either as a great gift for Dad.
icon_smile.gif

I have the PizzaKettle pizza oven and I love it. Everyone loves pizza night, which we do at least once a month. I use my Weber Rotisserie at least every couple of months, so I have got a lot of use out of it. I use my Weber chimney starter every time I cook, so I guess it is my most useful accessory.

I agree the pizza kettle is pricey.but I use it a lot, and make some **** good pizza on the Weber. It has become almost a ritual for pizza night on Friday. I have the roti..but hardly use it. I am going to look at the CI grates next.

Originally posted by David B.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C.Hill:
I want to get a Slide-Aside, but I dont think Weber makes these any longer.
icon_mad.gif

they have them on amazon

here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Weber-Sl...cement/dp/B00026CU14 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! I just ordered one. I also bought one of the work tables from the "webercloseouts" guy on ebay. Can't wait to get either!
icon_biggrin.gif

My best addition is a Weber Kettle rotisserie. Got it off Ebay for a little over $100 brand new.
Came directly from Lowe's or Homedepot directly (forget which one-senior moment)
guy

Got the Slide-Aside from Amazon and the work table from Webercloseouts on ebay. Apparently the Slide-Aside is still in production. The box it came in is copyright 2012 and has the "60 Year anniversary" box art. I thought Weber dropped it a few years back. Love both of these accessories. Definatly a wise decision! I re-installed the gold ash pan today just before outfitting the kettle with my newest scores.
Thanks David B. for the Amazon tip.

Nice purchase! I have the table too and it's extremely handy especially at the cottage or while tailgating. It can be used with the 22.5" and the 18.5" grills.

You should attach the table to the front leg, that way you can roll the kettle & table at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back