What to use to cover vent holes?

Shayne P

I bought a automatic temp control, a partyQ to be exact and it should be arriving any day. What should I use to cover the other 3 vent holes when I attach the adapter?
It looks like a metal flashing tape...

TIA!

I used the foil HVAC tape that is available in most hardware stores to seal duct work with. I got the thicker, heavier tape, they also had a very thin one. Be careful. once you peel off the backing material, that sticky stuff gets stuck on everything, no re-do's without getting a new piece of tape :)

I have a PartyQ and love it, will not cook without it. The only one thing is that the inside piece of the
adaptor really sucks. It will blow ashes all over the place.............you will see. Try it the way it is
and see if its working for you, if not there is help........=)
Let us know how it went.

Peter

Thanks PeterZ I read your post and it looked like you used a side vent hole as appose to the bottom hole correct?

Thanks PeterZ I read your post and it looked like you used a side vent hole as appose to the bottom hole correct?

On the small WSM I used all 3 holes (one vent) with a small ss bowl to hook up PartyQ. Works super good, love it.
On big WSM I cut some new holes on the side with same hook up for the fan. Again works great, love it.
Remember to power off your partyQ when you remove the lid.............you will see =)

Back