What to do with leftover ribs....?

PeterN

TVWBB Member
Chili!

Some ground venison and leftover rib meat.

DSCI0114.jpg

DSCI0115.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Holloway:
Looks good!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ill let you know in an hour.

BTW, Im not all that excited about what the Cubs have done this offseason. Hopefully I will be surprised.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Cutchen:
Leftover

Ribs

Hmmm.. Those don't go together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1 I have never heard those two words in the same sentence at my house.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rich Parker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Cutchen:
Leftover

Ribs

Hmmm.. Those don't go together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1 I have never heard those two words in the same sentence at my house. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had 2 people cancle unexpectidely. Ive never had that problem before either.

What did you use for the chili sauce/spices.

I made some chili using smoked country style ribs and ground bison. I smoke the pablano, jalapeno and habenero peppers for an hour as well but I think that was a mistake. Peppers seemed to soak up a lot of harsh smoke flavor.

Anybody else? I'm looking for chili ideas using some smoke but chili newbie as far as tailgate-style chili.

I slice them in singles, toss them in a slow cooker with onion, carrot, celery, broth, beer, water, ketchup, herbs and anything else I find around to suit. Comes out as a stew with falling off the bone meat (which is the purpose here) that carries the smoky flavour of the cook. I serve over mashed potatoes after reducing the sauce and adding butter to finish.

I've never found this flavour in any stew or soup in a restaurant.

James

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James Harvey:
I slice them in singles, toss them in a slow cooker with onion, carrot, celery, broth, beer, water, ketchup, herbs and anything else I find around to suit. Comes out as a stew with falling off the bone meat (which is the purpose here) that carries the smoky flavour of the cook. I serve over mashed potatoes after reducing the sauce and adding butter to finish.

I've never found this flavour in any stew or soup in a restaurant.

James </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, that sounds delish! I'm smoking some ribs right now, and whatever leftovers I have I'll make sure to try this.
icon_cool.gif

Barret

Back