What to do with extra Performer Parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Purnell

TVWBB Pro
Well, long story short. I picked up a performer and the table, lid & bowl were damaged. Usable but not what I expected from a new item. Weber were great and sent me those replacement parts I just mentioned. Now my dilemma....what to do with those extra parts?

Store them away and use them WAY down the road when my Performer is showing it's age.

Buy all of the replacement parts needed to build another Performer...seems like this option may cost too much $$.

Buy all of the replacement parts for an older Platinum. May be more practical than all of the Performer parts.

Frugal option: throw on some spare legs that I have from a kettle rebuild. Would look a little ghetto because of the gas assist hole being in plan view and the table attachment brackets sticking out.

Or any other suggestions?

Send them to me and I will give them a good home!
icon_smile.gif

Pat

I tried to get Weber to warranty my SS Performer and they siad it only has a 5 year warranty? What year is yours and when did you contact them?
I think that most of the parts would be more than its worth to rebuild from scratch.
Unless used grills in your area are hard to come by. Here in NorCal, peiple practically give em away!
AJ

Wow! Did the original get run over or something?

There are so many options... I think the easiest would be to stick some legs on and have an extra grill to use. Or, go crazy and try to build a pizza kettle or something. i would definitely experiment - buying the parts from Weber to make another Performer or Platinum would be kinda pricey - unless you can sell it to finance another project. You could even get 2 drums and build 2 UDSes (plural= UDII?), using the lid for one and the overturned bowl to cap the other one. I'm jealous!

AJ, it was a new Performer so they looked after everything b/c it was under warranty.

Checked with Weber, to turn this into a pre-2010 Platinum it will cost $170 in parts. That option is now off the list.

Looks like I will keep the table in the box for another time down the road and throw some spare legs on this.

Anyone ever try and adapt a UDS (Drum) to a performer cart?
I thought about that idea, bu am not sure how tight it would fit inside the frame. It would definitely be interesting. Anybody know of the "Cons" on this idea.. The "Pros" are welcome too.
AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back