What to cook along side high heat brisket

Phillip Moore

TVWBB Member
I've done the high heat brisket a few times and it is my method of choice now. When I slow smoke something though I can often put other stuff on the smoker at same time to make use of all the space in my 22" WSM.

What are good things to cook along side a high heat brisket? Can you cook chicken wings at this high temp? Seems like chicken could work with the higher heat.

from my experience, which isnt saying much
icon_rolleyes.gif
you can cook anything high heat. butts, ribs, chicken, etc. so load up that 22 and have fun.

Yeah, like Bob I like to do spare ribs at 325-350. And definetly wings, chicken, turkey breast.

Also like to do ABT's at these temps.

I think i'll try some wings. One problem is with the high heat method, all your smoke is done towards the beginning..maybe wings will be cook's appetizer. :) And some boneless skinless chicken breasts for freezing.

Thanks for the tips!

App is a great idea because you will be hungry! It really doesn't matter though because the smoke will stop penetrating the brisket at 140* so if you wanted to wait for the chicken, you can and just add more wood when you're ready. Or, do them as the app and then throw on some sausage later!

Back