What sets your book apart from other BBQ books?

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Ray,

OK, I'll get the ball rolling with the first question!

For those who haven't seen Dr. BBQ's Big-Time Barbecue Cookbook yet, can you explain what you wanted to do with your book that was different or special compared to other barbecue books? There are lots of other books out there--what sets yours apart?

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris, and hi everyone. This should be fun.

The short answer is, that my book is the only BBQ book written by a guy who is still competing and winning. With all due respect to my fellow BBQ authors, they are retired or at least semi retired competition cooks. There are others that have never competed and are honest about it, then there's a whole other group that are just plain imposters.

I was a top ten brisket cook in KCBS last year, and a top ten chicken cook the year before. I got a Reserve Grand Champion and first place brisket award two days ago in Minnesota, and I live in Florida. I like to say "I'm walking the walk".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Ferguson:
I'm not able to create a new topic in this forum, so I guess I'll ask my question here.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Sorry, I had an incorrect setting in this forum that prevented folks from posting a new question. Should be working now.

I will make new threads out of several questions posted here, then delete them.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Let's have one question per discussion thread, please.</span> That will make it easier for Ray to answer questions and easier for us to read.

Regards,
Chris

Back