What is this for?

It's a storage bag, I have a couple of them. They came with the Weber Premium 22" cover, #7150. They are actually attached to the bottom of the cover, I have always just cut the bag off & use it separately as opposed to trying to attach the bag to the bottom of the grill.

I thought maybe you could fold up the grill cover and stick it in there. Since they came with the grill cover?

Yeah, I had a case of 7149 grill covers (2014) and the covers actually came folded up already in the pouch, the cover surrounded by heavy corrugated cardboard to keep it's shape in the pouch. Although, I suspect road-map syndrome applies here, as I doubt you'll actually get the cover folded up again to fit back in the storage pouch. The retail packaging for the 7149s was just a cardboard sleeve (not a box), I think the "storage pouch" was actually just packaging to keep the cover looking tidy in the sleeve. Weber probably figured out an actual retail box was cheaper to produce than the pouch and associated packing.

weber cover3.jpgweber cover 5 (2).jpg

Last edited:
The “Crown” bag is to protect it in a Duluth pack!
The importance of a properly designed shoulder bag from the real deal will be available on request.
The people there are really amazing! They did a custom shoulder bag for me which has proven to be a well placed “luggage investment”! NFI but, this bag has been on every road trip with me for thirty years! Need good bag? Look there!
The self storage bag makes perfect sense...well, some sense, I guess.
Amazing people.

Last edited:

Back