What is the best rated internal temp gauges

M. Chesney

TVWBB Fan
Getting a bit frustrated and want to purchase a good reliable internal temperature gauge (money is no issue).

In my kitchen are:

(1) Nu-temp: had it for several years and seems to be the best working. I especially like the remote sensor. Went to their web page and they have been out of stock for serval months on their replacement sensor and probes.

(2) Weber: No comment, lasted about 3 weeks.

(3) TruTemp: Sensor incorrectly reads the temperature.

(4) Kenmore: No display reading right out of the box (and yes I did put AAAs in). Will return to Sears.

Maybe I just have to accept that I have the worst luck in regards to internal temperature gauges. Is there something I'm doing wrong in the care for them after smoking? I hand clean the probes and I make sure I don't get the entire wiring soaked in water. Looking for assistance from the pros from this great site.

Thanks,

Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stefan B:
Depends on what you are after.

My two votes...

Thermapen

ET-732 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob in Fla:
www.thermoworks.com

'nuff said.

BOB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If money is no object, then I agree with Bob. It works like an ET but the probe is as thin as a thermapen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott S (scooter):
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stefan B:
Depends on what you are after.

My two votes...

Thermapen

ET-732 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1

Back