What is everyone smoking for Super bowl ?

10lb.spare rib tips
10lb.poor boys italian beef (my recipe)
3lb. beef hot links
2 lb. ABT's
Mike C. recipe (first try)
Blazin hot wings about 6lb.
Country style smashed tater's
some chile con queso and a garage fridge full of Bud Light Longnecks.

i'll be grilling some italian chicken thighs and i'll do some ABT's and smo-fried wings as well.

I've got two 9 lb butts (Mr. Brown) waiting to go on. Ed Cardoza is going to bring over some some stuffed chilies to smoke for the game also. Should be good stuff!

This will be my second Stoker smoke so I'm looking forward to it.

Go Giants!

I got a head start by smoking a big batch of jalepeno almonds and rosemary walnuts on Wednesday night. So far this evening, I've smoked fresh mozzarella, a Rustico Italian sheep's milk cheese with crushed red pepper, aged provolone, gouda with pepper, and mushrooms for Doug's Smoked Mushroom Dip.

Right now, I have three butts in (2 Mr. Browns and 1 with a recipe I found for 7 Time World Championship Pulled Pork) and in a few hours, I'll be throwing three racks of ribs on, along with some ABTs.

I have ten people coming over, and they're all bringing food, too. My office is eagerly awaiting the leftovers!

you mean what am i cooking for the laker game?
icon_wink.gif

doin' a tri-tip on the wsm.(first time on that little bad boy)
and some big jakes "dang o' wangs" in the oven.

wsmsmile8gm.gif

2 racks of BB ribs, and a pork butt are on now. Put them on at 7:30 AM in nice 30 degree temps. My house smells of my mop sauce, and I'm drinking coffee.

((((Superbowl Sundays in New England)))

Winding down on my overnight session. 12lb chuck (14 hours) is wrapped and in the cooler. 2 butts (currently at 14 1/2 hours) are still on but should be coming off soon. I've got 3 racks of loin backs going on about 1pm to be ready for game time.

I'm also going to order my WSM today. I've been using by offset smoker for several years with great results. However, last night with the temps dipping like they did (low teens) really showed me how inefficient my current set is in really cold weather. If it was a reverse flow rig I don't think I'd have the same problems, but its not. So I'll now have plenty of capacity w/ the offset and WSM but I see the WSM getting most of the work going forward.

Go Pats!!!

I fired up a small butt a little while ago an I am going to throw some chicken wings on later.

Its just me and the wife, so we don't need that much food.

Plus the butt is my first, so we'll see how it goes!

Well there will only be 5 adults and 2 kids
So there are 6 racks of Baby Backs(BRITU)
1 -3 1/2 lb angus roast
and some chicken wings
plus baked taters, slaw, vegies, chips and salsa
and some sort of dessert the other family is bringing.
I hope I have room for dessert

Go commercials,

Dave

Brisket. It's done and in the microwave resting. I'll eat around 3. Don't want to miss any of the game that the Patriots will win.

Dave

Ribs and cornbread.

I use Trader Joe's Cornbread Mix and bake it in a cast iron skillet. The skillet makes a big difference, definely the way to go. The cornbread is moist and a bit sweet. From what I learned about cornbread on the web, this mix provides a northern style cornbread which is sweeter than traditional style southern cornbread.

Similar deal here, only a few adults at our house. We did chips with hot Buffalo Chicken dip and a small butt ala Mr. Brown with its bark covered with Willy's Butt Rub. Beers were ice cold Redhooks and Coronas.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Bethke:
Well there will only be 5 adults and 2 kids
So there are 6 racks of Baby Backs(BRITU)
1 -3 1/2 lb angus roast
and some chicken wings
plus baked taters, slaw, vegies, chips and salsa
and some sort of dessert the other family is bringing.
I hope I have room for dessert

Go commercials,

Dave </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
I'm doing Beef ribs and brisket for the bowl. This years theme is BEEF!
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did nothing. Got sick Friday and had to work Saturday which kicked my A$$. I sat in the chair and slept off and on all day Sunday. I have Monday off and I'll try and cook then. If not in the freezer the beef goes.
icon_frown.gif

My hobby is spreading around to my friends. I went to a SB party and the host made his own ABTs. That was great for me to see. I was really happy for him since they turned out so tasty.

Back