What goes with brisket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T. Wyatt

I'd like to try a brisket but I'm not sure what I would serve with it. What's the best way to eat Brisket? By itself or on a roll? Do you put BBQ sauce on it? What do you eat with it if anything? Would you eat it in a box? Would you eat it with a fox? Suggestions?

T, my wife and i just slice it and eat it as is or with horseradish sauce. I slice the leftovers down for sammies to take in my lunch. Baked Beans goes good with it. Bryan

I don't like it reheated all that much. I eat the lunch sammies cold. The leftover brisket i put in the fridge and slice it down the next day real thin put on helmans,horseradish sauce and american cheese. Chipotle mayo is good on it also.Bryan

the best success I've had with Brisket is to use the foodsaver bags and boil to reheat. Short of that use a spray bottle with some applejuice and reheat in the oven in a tightly foil covered baking disyh spritzing with apple juice frequently to keep it from drying out.

on a nicely toaster roll ith your favorit eBBQ sauce would be fine and the side dish oprtions are endless.

Definitely baked beans on the side (I make Raichlen's scratch version----onion sauteed along with bacon, so it cooks in the bacon fat, plus cans of great northern or navy beans, plus molasses, maple syrup, worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, your favorite bbq sauce, jalapeno pepper, and maybe some other things I'm forgetting---delish!)

I like my brisket sliced, and my peeps demand that I leave the fat cap on cuz they LOVE that melt in yer mouth tasty fat once it's cooked. We reheat it by slicing it and nuking it for like 10 seconds, until it's glistening with grease. OR we'll eat it cold (or at room temp) with horseradish like you'd do with ham.

Wouldn't hurt to have cole slaw on the side---all bbq goes with slaw and beans.

I'd recommend beer. Maybe a fork or napkin. If you feel the need, which I rarely do, some bbq sauce. No need for a knife.

Personally, I really like the San Antonio and El Paso style of seasoning on my brisket. Lots of different ground chiles, some cumin and a little corriander seed.

If I was going to go fancy, my menu would look something like this...

some nice bread...

a tex-mex bean salad...

a nice german potato salad...

a tex-mex macaroni n cheese (use the point chopped instead of ground beef)...

For dessert, mmmm dessert

I'd go with either flan, rice pudding or a good Dulce de Leche ice cream topped w/ toasted pecans.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by T. Wyatt:
Thanks Bryan...the Horseradish sounds good. Does Brisket re-heat well without drying out? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best use for reheated brisket I've found is open face hot roast beef sandwiches.

AKA:"sh*t on a shingle"

Slice of toasted bread, chopped up brisket on top, brown gravy poured over it! Tater tots on the side.

I've ate this all my life using leftover pot roast, but the smoked brisket makes it outstanding.

Jim

Jim, Excellent.
icon_wink.gif
I forgot about that one. Bryan

Brisket goes good with a good redskin potato salad, baked beans and corn on the cob. On or off a bun with BBQ sauce on the side!

I do similar thing with re-heated brisket as Jim. I sauté chopped onion in butter till lightly golden, toss in the chopped brisket till just hot and dump it on thyme biscuits. Parmesan mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus on the side and a roasted garlic gravy. Tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back