What do you use leftover pulled pork in?

dean

TVWBB Pro
Here are a few of my faves:
Put it on nachos!
Loaded baked potato.
Bbq spagetti,
Baked beans are the best! Here is my recipe for beans. It called for hamburger but I tried it with pulled pork and it rocks!

Deans Beans
2 16oz cans of baked beans
1 can of butter or lima beans, drained
1 can of kidney beans, drained
1-2 pounds pulled pork
1/2 to 1 pound of bacon, cooked and chopped
1 cup raw onion, chopped
1 cup ketchup
1 cup brown sugar
1 TBL salt
1 TBS white vinegar

Mix all and put into casserole dish uncovered at 350 degrees for an hour!
This recipe has been around forever, I just made it my own!

Wait, how did you have leftovers?

Quesadillas. Jack and cheddar cheese, roasted red or green pepper, a bit of sour cream, some spicy salsa...

EVERYTHING!

It freezes well and can be substituted for just about anything and taste great. Heck, I even use it on a salad.........about 80/20 mix
icon_rolleyes.gif

Leftovers? Just kidding! There is usually a BUNCH leftover. Some always seems to make it to work. And I always have some for baked beans. And sammiches! Good stuff right there my friends!
icon_wink.gif

Chili

Pizza (To die for)
Take a small amount of BBQ sauce for base. Add Mozz cheese. Pulled pork. Cook.

I made a pulled pork omelette the other weekend with some leftovers. I sauted onion and jalapeno, then added black beans and pulled pork and topped with cheddar cheese..it was really good!

My wife LOVES stir fried PP......I usually stir-fry veggies first with Cavendar's spice (onions, peppers, broccoli, etc.) and add the PP at the end because it's already cooked.

I've tried various sauces with success. Most recently, I've tossed it a little bit of spicy mustard and just enough BBQ sauce to coat everything.

I don't add a ton of spice or sauce because I want the PP bark to shine through.

It really is deeeelish.

Try PP carnitas for burritos/tacos. 1st take about a TBS of oil in a skillet and crisp up a handful of PP. Add refried beans and mex rice and roll one up in flour tortilla, your hooked up phat

My leftover PP will sometimes make it to the top of some twice baked taters with a little swiss melted over the top of it all. Just a little twist to the taters.

There usually isn't much left at my house.
icon_biggrin.gif

When there is, I vacuum seal & freeze it in small portions for any/all of the following:

-baked beans
-chili
-baked potato topping. Add some shredded cheese & BBQ sauce, and you have an instant meal.
-PP tacos, nachos. More fun with shredded cheese, BBQ sauce & sour cream.
-Sammies. Freeze in small portions & take to work for an awesome leftover lunch. Your co-workers will be jealous.

Originally posted by Jim H.:
Your co-workers will be jealous.

This is true.

As others have mentioned...
Salad - used a little bbq cause as dressing
Tacos
MAC and cheese - just cooked the box stuff and added some pp.

I have to try the pizza, sounds good.

Lots of good uses here.
icon_cool.gif

I'll second Jim H on the chili tip. Made a batch mid week and didn't have enuff ground beef in the freezer, found a VS pac of PP and figured why not. Came out great, and reheated it for chili dogs yesterday.
Very good!

Tim

When you bring PP, or just about any leftover BBQ to work, this can become a problem or an opportunity... depending on how you look at it.

I ended up bringing 2 butts for our monthly food day/birthday celebration in response to me bringing in leftover PP for sammies a few months ago. Today, I brought in a couple of grilled chicken thighs from last night, and got lots of compliments on smell and appearance. This may be my next food day meal/project, as I will have to convince my boss that I need (wait, that should read NEED!) to bring my kettle to work so I can grill fresh hot chicken for the office, because I can't hold chicken for that long and have it come out OK.
icon_biggrin.gif

All those ides are great. I also sometimes take a package of El Paso taco seasoning, mix it in with some onions, and use it for tacos. I like it when the wee bits get crispy.

May sound gross, but

Omelets the next morning. Little red bell pepper, onion, and pork. Put BBQ sauce if you want, but it's good to me without.

Back