What do you use for a charcoal tool/rake?

Originally posted by PaulFisher:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark B (azmark):
My bare hands!

Bill Brasky? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, haven't heard that in a long time!

I like the 9 iron idea. I think I have a spare half-cord grip maybe I'll cut a 9 down and put that grip on.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I used to use a poker from the old outdoor BBQ my dad built when I was a kid. But now I don't use anything. I just light my coals in a basket with a torch and let them be. I just shake it over a garbage can before my next cook to loose the leftover ash and refill.

I've used an ash rake for years:

Pit Rake

Item 1509 down the page for a picture.

Have had this long before I had a WSM or Performer.

Otherwise just tongs if I'm trying to be precise.

When not in Chuck Norris mode and just move them by TELLING THEM TO MOVE I use the $0.50 fireplace set I bought from the neighbor's garage sale!!!!!

It even came with a pooper-scooper for the dog (the shovel).
icon_biggrin.gif

I use one of these, but with a longer handle.

handcultivator.jpg

About $4-5 @ HD, Lowe's, Ace, etc.

great for spreading out coals and rotating a hot kettle grate to help burn off the gunk from the last cook, as well as flipping up the end of the grate to add smoke wood chips or more charcoal as necessary. I use it with a welding glove and it works great.

My bare hand...inside of a pair of double plam leather gloves and the black handle tongs.

They've got to be the double palm and dry.

When not in Chuck Norris mode and just move them by TELLING THEM TO MOVE

Spit the water I was drinking when I read that one! Technically, Chuck Norris doesn't use charcoal. The meat is cooked by the light given off by him simply smiling.

Back