What do you guys think of this deal

BUST! Barb and I went over to get the brand new never used E310. Open the lid and the SS grates are discolored along with the F Bars with burnt on crud on them and pulled out the grease tray and it had cooked on crud on it too.
Larry was right, new to some is not used much.
If it was NG I might have gone for it. I looked at the manifold and no port for the side burner. So doing the manifold swap was going to be a PITA.
Barb and I talked and agreed there is absolutely nothing wrong with our existing E320, just put new CI grates on it.
So we walked away.

I just looked at the ad again, he's changed the ad to say slightly used and lowered the price to $250 from $500. That would be a good deal for someone wanting a propane grill because it was in good shape.

Last edited:
Too bad that didn't work out. I just hooked up a deal to pick up a Silver C on Tuesday for $20. It is about 50 miles away, but I have a medical appointment down there on Tuesday and the guy said he would wait for me until then. The grill looked in good shape and complete. He said he didn't know if the extra burner worked as he never used it. It looked quite dirty (dirt, not grease) so I believe that he never did use it or hasn't used it for a long time. He asked if I wanted to see it first, but I said "no, I want it. It is worth $20 to me as is." It looked like a green lid but not sure. SS stamped grates looked pretty good but full of gunk and the SS flavorizer bars looked good. Luckily, he already pulled down the add, so I don't have to worry about him selling it out from under me before Tuesday.

Anyway, this has to be my last grill this year. I have more than enough to rehab to the end of the season and I am already destined to have to over winter 4 or 5 of them again...not including my personal grills. But, it will allow me to get an early start next spring before people start cleaning their garages and decide to get rid of the old clunker and sell them.

I have come to the conclusion that the Silver line of Genesis grills is the best bet for rehabbing. They are easier than the 1000's with the smaller cook boxes and less flavorizer bars. They are especially easier than the real wood 1000's. I have a good supply of spare parts for the Silver B/C series as well.

So, I promise, no more grill pickups until next spring...........unless it is free and very convenient to pick up.

FPeouQ2.jpg

snYTCtG.jpg

WI1eCun.jpg

gyyqo7e.jpg

SURyas5.jpg

eEwBd4x.jpg

Last edited:
I totally agree with what your saying about the silvers being so much easier than the 1000s. The three I rehabbed took half the time the genesis took. There also good grills.
There is starting to be an active market for them too.

I'm going to finish up the skyline and that's it. I have no more room to store anything else and with nine personal grills and smokers that's enough.

I agree I might pick up a silver for free or say $20 but no more that's in decent shape and flip it so I can make at least a $100 on it. Just park it in Weber row stacked behind one of mine until spring that is if anything ever pops up here been zero for months.
But no more 250 mile RTs to Phoenix.

Last edited:
I think you need to make that a nice even TEN personal grills. Nine just seems incomplete.

I think you need to make that a nice even TEN personal grills. Nine just seems incomplete.

Sometimes I wonder why I even have nine with the three months of charcoal fire restrictions and the two months of monsoons I've used my charcoal grills about 10 times all summer.
What little grilling we do is mostly on the E320 because it's under the covered patio. I moved the performer under the patio also but the rain with all the wind makes it hard to light even using the baskets.

I used my green 2000 once so far to griddle some burgers, been sitting under the cover since then. The WSM twice to smoke some bacon. The mini once to smoke a butt. The JJ maybe a couple of times to do a steak and some brats.

It's so bad I haven't bought any charcoal except the discounted lump since labor day of last year and I still have 32 bags with the lump now.

But tomorrow we are doing a nice 1 1/2" ribeye and I'll do it on the performer with lump if I have to put it in the living room.

Bruce, that looks like a nice one for $20!
The only way that is going to be the last one for the winter is if you stop looking and we know how hard that is. :)

Back