What do you guys (and gals) use for charcoal storage?

I know the first home I owned had a "Coal Room" in the basement. It was a small wooden room with a metal door up near the ceiling that was used to pour coal in from the outside. I swear, the way some of you guys go through charcoal, those things should be making a comeback.
That's hilarious. Must be a cold weather thing. Not sure they have such rooms down in this region.

I keep mine in the basement. I have a closet I keep most my BBQ stuff in, but was considering adding that Kingsford Kaddy to my patio to save me a few steps.

For those of you that don't put bags of charcoal on the concrete floor, why is that? Does the charcoal absorb any moisture from the concrete?

For those of you that don't put bags of charcoal on the concrete floor, why is that? Does the charcoal absorb any moisture from the concrete?

I think so. My garage is detached out back and the slab can get damp with temp swings.
I had a few bags I left in contact and they turned crumbly hard to lite.

Tim

I stacked both of the halves of the pallet so I have about 7-8” of ground clearance in the garage, so far no problems.
I don’t tend to buy 300 lb. lots either so, if I have 200 on hand I rotate the stock keeping the older stuff at the top. I usually don’t get more than 100 at a deal, for just the two of us mostly, it’s not necessary. I’ll do a bigger buy in the fall of the price is right.

Back