What did I do wrong? Ribs were black

Here are some baby backs I did last weekend on my 22.5. Dry rubbed with one commercial dry rub and the second rack with my own blend. Both contain sugar. Just under 3 hours unfoiled. Then foiled for 45 minutes with just some butter and brown sugar (no liquid). Then unfoiled again for 10 minutes with a brush of BBQ sauce (Myron Mixon's simple Hickory BBQ sauce recipe -- For the record I prefer the Bastardized Piedmont Sauce, but I digress...).

No clue on temp because I dropped my DigiQ DX2 and think I broke it (give me just a second to compose myself......sniff sniff....sigh....). Okay, I'm back. They were very good. Even better reheated the next day. No black, so I'm not sure why your turned black except I'd have guess high heat was part of the problem. I'm guessing my temps were in the 275+ range which is where I like to run ribs but each to his own.

Good luck next time and keep a log of all of your cooks so you can refer back and see where you did things right and where you did things wrong.

[URL=http://s601.photobucket.com/user/jwbryson1/media/Ribs%206.2017.jpg.html][/URL]

Last edited:

Back