What are your plans for Superbowl BBQ?

Eric Simon

TVWBB Fan
In addition to a Wagyu beef brisket (see previous thread), I'll be smoking 4 racks of spares (via the 3/2/1 method).

How about you?

On the WSM:

bone in pork butt
2 slabs of bbs - no foil
honey glazed pork belly

on the stove smoked sausage, and pork gumbo with okra and rice.

i'm itching to do a huge smoke for the SB but one of my good friends has been hosting for years...plus he has a set up that i can't match when it comes to watching the game (5 47" and larger LCDs plus his house is wired for sound in every room)

I'll make up for it next week with my sons B-day party in which I'll be doing two 8lb butts, some baby backs, and a ton of ABTs...

my pulled pork ws a hit last year and the family is asking if its going to be on the menu again!

Italian pulled beef on the WSM.
RS leg quarters on the OTG along with some Moo & Oink beef hot links.
Baked mostaccoli w/ meatballs in the crib.

Tim

Just gonna have a few friends over to watch the big game. I'm trying to eat better,so I'm gonna grill some "boneless wings". Then the usual stuff;chips and dips.

Still a n00b so going with BRITU baby backs and Roadside Chicken. Also have some FoodSaver'd pulled pork in case that's not enough.

my brother is flying me to his compound on the mexican border in arizona for superbowl weekend. i'm handling all the food, which includes lots of football standards(nachos, hot dogs, etc.) for 40-50 people. plus my bbq PP sandwiches. apparently , his friends know about my bbq obsession, so i'm kind of in the hot seat to deliver. i've made and shipped a batch of my homemade sauce for the occasion, but sadly, my brother did me a "favor" and bought me a $39 ECB from home depot to do the deed. if anyone has any hints on making this thing function on the fly, i'd REALLY love to know.........

15 delicious lbs. of pork shoulder covered in Wolfs Original Rub.....yum
icon_razz.gif

Going to a buddy's house and taking a dutch oven full of Keri's Hog Apple baked beans. Just got done rubbing the butt that will go in it. Only need a pound so there will be lot's left over. Lucky me!

I want to do an overnight butt Sat/Sun and some sausages and ABTs on Sunday; however, there's an early forecast for MD saying we could get 20+ inches of snow. YIKES!!!
icon_eek.gif

That could throw a monkey wrench into things.......I may be relegated to risking my life to pick up some pre-made wings and potato salad.
icon_biggrin.gif

As Ed C. said they'll be at our home for the game. We'll be serving:
Burnt ends (got to love having a frozen point on hand)
Wings
Fatty
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Sweet and spicy slaw
Chips and dips

Can't wait, go Saints!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick Hughes:
Two racks of baby back ribs, coleslaw, taterlogs, and tall glass of iced tea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm going to Rick's place. Seriously, I think it'll be a non-smoke day for me. I'm thinking catfish gumbo.

Outside--Abt's and wings with my son's outstanding barbecue sauce on the kettle. And inside--Pigs in a blanket, onion dip with assorted chips, salsa, pita bread, homemade hummus and of course we need a vegetable so we'll be making spinach dip.
icon_wink.gif

Back