What are your favorite wines to go with your Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmmmm.... '90 Grange.... Got any left? I got a magnum of '95 Bin 389 I keep putting off opening.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Mmmmmm.... '90 Grange.... Got any left? I got a magnum of '95 Bin 389 I keep putting off opening. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I wish...that one was under the category of the sky's the limit...I have a friend who introduced me to Shiraz and has the bank account to buy as he wishes...I'm not in his league. However, I kick butt in the kitchen (was a chef for 10 years before I went into medicine), so I offer to cook (he and his wife have my dream kitchen)and I get enjoy the benefits of their wine cellar.

I prefer to eat my Q with fava beans and a fine chianti. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Actually Zinfendel or cabernet.
Jim

The first time I got to experience really good BBQ ribs, I racked my brain coming up with the "right" wine. Between the flavor of the ribs (baby back) and the rub (BRITU) and the sauce (Masterpiece sourwood honey), it is tricky to match a wine.

After a while, I decided on a Cotes du Rhone Vilages, and it turned out to be a pretty good match. The wine was a 2000 Cairanne from Domaine Brusset, which costs about $15.

Recently we had ribs with several Cotes du Rhone Vilages wines. The favorites were a 1999 Sablet and the 2000 Cairanne.

I wrote up notes on the wines at my web site:
http://www.softwarepolish.com/personal/wines/ribwines.htm

How about a little bubbly with the 'Q? I haven't tried it but an article in the newspaper presented several mock meals to various prominent someliers in the country and they picked Champagne or Riesling for the more flavorful and spicy foods.

Champagne loves grease and salt-- seriously-- making potato chips the perfect accompaniment. Rieslings-- and also Gewurtztraminer-- go well with Chinese food.

last saturday did some spareribs and drank the best $12 bottle of wine i've ever had. talk about bbq friendly!! it's cline ancient vines zin. try it. you'll like it (now it's $12 in new york - so it's probably even less in some other places)

regards all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back