What are YOU paying for brisket?

Travis Smith

I'm very curious about what other people in my area, and other areas are paying for brisket. So, I thought a little thread where you list the following in a response might be informative. If you remember, please list the following:

Price per lb.
City and State
Store you purchased

For instance:

$5.99/lb
Leesburg, VA
Costco

Mine this past weekend was $4.99/lb for a 13 lb Choice packer from a pretty reputable, top shelf butcher in town. His flats were $5.99/lb.

Paid $2.58 / lb for a USDA Choice packer at Wally World in suburban St. Paul a coupla weeks ago. Ended up being a very good piece of meat.

I paid $3.89/lb. for a choice flat a couple of weekends ago at Restaurant Depot. It had almost no fat on it, so I considered that to be a pretty good price. It was really good.

I suggest adding - Packer/Flat

Region makes a big difference in price. Every time I visit my bro-in-law in Houston, I salivate over the low cost briskets in his stores. Of course he does the same thing over the price of Tri-tip in California.

Last I checked - mid $4
Los Angeles, California
Costco Business
Packer

I'm here to vent a tad on my local pricing.

I decided to smoke some brisket this upcoming weekend, instead of netted turkey breasts, after seeing my netted turkey breasts for $4.99/lb at my grocer(Green Bay, WI). Turkey will wait for another week until Thanksgiving.

I called my go-to store across town for brisket. $5.29/lb and they have an 11# and 9#. That seemed kind of expensive.
So I call my local meat store. They also said $5.29/lb, and they had mostly had 6-7# on hand.

(I do not know the GRADE or it they are PACKER or FLAT)

I guess i'll just have to pay up....(and NOT tell my wife i'm paying $58 or $106 on beef. I haven't decided whether I want to do 1 or 2 yet)

-Jesse

Just left Sam's club in NW Arkansas, $2.28 / lb for choice Excel whole packers, and they had some biggin's, several 18 pounders.

I was at Wally World yesterday and took a peek - $2.38/lb for a select packer. There were also trimmed choice flats for $4.50-something a pound. I will look at my meat market next time I'm in there. They usually have CABs that are similarly priced to Walmart's select crap.

Back