What are propane prices like in your area now?

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
Here in Northern CA close to OR border prices are now $3.39/gal (Tractor Supply). Paid about $15 to get one tank refilled (4.4 gal).on Fri.

Prices here have increased about 60 cents/gal since the holidays. That said, still way cheaper to refill the tank vs. doing the exchange thing.

Sounds about the same as here. I get it a little cheaper at camping world because we are a member there but retail is about $15 or so. Exchanges are $25 I think.

Just checked the Propane Taxi app and it's $22.99 for an exchange delivered to my door. If I want to go to Lowes and deal with that, it's $19.97.

Those are 20lb tanks, but I believe they are only filled to 15.

Costco....I think my last tank refill was under $10 (Canadian) and it was almost empty.

Other places around here is roughly $20 a tank refill.

Just checked the Propane Taxi app and it's $22.99 for an exchange delivered to my door. If I want to go to Lowes and deal with that, it's $19.97.

Those are 20lb tanks, but I believe they are only filled to 15.
You are correct. I once had a customer insist I weigh each tank for him. I later found out what all the fuss was about. A Blue Rhino driver once told me they underfilled for safety reasons. A ThompsonGas manager told me that was wrong and they’d been sued for that practice. That said, an exchange here in this part of South Carolina is $14.92 at Walmart.

Back