What a great family I have!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My birthday was Friday, June 13...of course, Father's Day is Sunday, June 15th. I am not expecting anything other than a card from my wife and kids.

In the AM, as I exit the shower, my kids burst into the bathroom and hand me my birthday gift - an unwrapped set of stainless steel, Weber grilling utensils. As I struggled to wrap the towel, my wife came in and said she couldn't hold them back. No big deal, I said...I was psyched to be able to use these on my Weber Gold C gas grill. And, off to work I went...

When I returned home that night, my family was on the back patio waiting for me...I got more happy birthdays and the kids took my hands to pull me into the house. Well, lo and behold, in the middle of my kitchen, was a brand-spaning-new WSM! I had mentioned to my wife that I would like to get one...I was jonesing for some ribs and the gas grill just doesn't cut it! Hallelujah! She decided the Birthday/Father's Dayt combo was the perfect excuse. I am soooo thankful that I can use the new utensils with BOTH my Gold C and WSM!

At 9am tomorrow morning, Father's Day, I begin prepping my first ever baby back ribs for the WSM. I will be following the BRITU recipe. I plan on lighting the grill around 10:30...ribs will probably go on between 11:30 and 12...crack first beer and prepare to watch final round of US Open and monitor my ribs....then, chow around 5pm.

I cannot wait! BTW, did I mention my family is the best!

pete

That's awesome! Happy Father's Day, I hope you enjoy your day with your family. And a Happy Father's Day to all the other Dads out there!

Regards,
Chris

Hi Pete,

That is an awesome story, you are a very lucky man! Happy birthday and a warm hearted welcome to the site -my happy place.

Dave

Thank you to all for the warm greetings!

The ribs were very good for my first try. I was able to maintain a grill temp of between 220-260 and a top vent temp of 250-275. I cooked them for just over 4.5 hours - which may have been just a touch too long.

I thought the smoke was just right, as was the seasoning from the BRITU recipe. I do believe I sauced too much - next time I'll go a little lighter.

All in all, they were good. I will learn how to use this thing, and I'll enjoy it. I'll be posting more and more as I try new things.

Happy Father's Day to all Dad's out there! What a great day!

pete

A great family, a new WSM, Great ribs, cold beer, the U.S. Open, and Jim Furyk wins his first major....life don't get no better than that.

Welcome aboard Pete, looking forward to future postings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back