Week 13. Niners v Eagles

Careful what you say about the Vikings. Because if Kirt Cousins heals and he will. And he becomes a free agent in the off season he will be the next 9r QB. Kyle will not pass up Kirt Cousins. Before he got hurt he was playing as well as any QB in the NFL.
And yes I am a very funny guy. Its a good way to live.
Cheers,
Russ

Some fun insights on the game as shared by an Eagles analyst being interviewed by the Niners critic, Grant Cohn.

Cooked carefully to make Cubano's?????
Game day deserves game day food!!!!
Smoked meat ( your choice ) nachos and sammies...lol
I get right into what is called junk food for game day......but without all the toxic fried oils and such...try to keep it light...ish......

Last edited:
Cooked carefully to make Cubano's?????
Game day deserves game day food!!!!
Smoked meat ( your choice ) nachos and sammies...lol
I get right into what is called junk food for game day......but without all the toxic fried oils and such...try to keep it light...ish......
Thinking of adding some chicken wings. Decoding on a crusted Cubano style or an Asian fusion burritos. Char siu with rice and pickled veggies in small tortillas for mini burritos or tacos.

I’ve come to learn that fried food just kills me these days. A can only tolerate a little bit at a time.

The tenderloins cook up quickly and have lots of flavor. Possibly the easiest piece of pork to cook and it takes pretty much all flavors well.

Awaiting a reply to guests invited for Sunday dinner to finalize the menu so I don’t over produce food and make too much work for myself.

Sounds about right.......
Take regular styled game day foods and high end them!!!
I keep vac packed bags of smoked pulled pork for events like this........they tase as good as when I put the meat in there.
Instant carnitas, burritos or nachos or whatever you want.
Cubano styled burritos is an intersting take......would be interested in said pictures.

Sounds about right.......
Take regular styled game day foods and high end them!!!
I keep vac packed bags of smoked pulled pork for events like this........they tase as good as when I put the meat in there.
Instant carnitas, burritos or nachos or whatever you want.
Cubano styled burritos is an intersting take......would be interested in said pictures.
I usually try to grab pics. Things have been a bit busy of late. Like last night I only grabbed a pre-cook of an oven bird. Forgot all the rest when it was done. I’ll blame the wine.

1701460994975.jpeg

SPG, evoo and then a light splash of my magic dust. Came out great. Along with diced zukes and red peppers oven roasted. And a 2014 Kunde Meritage from Sonoma. We polished off that bottle. It was damn good.

You should try trussing the legs away from the breast.......I found a guy who talked about it and it does wonders for evenly cooking the breast....
The line from juicy to dry on a breast is about 2 or 3 degrees F.....seems so anyways.
I can link it up, would have to find it again....
I use it on rotisserie and it comes out great.

You should try trussing the legs away from the breast.......I found a guy who talked about it and it does wonders for evenly cooking the breast....
The line from juicy to dry on a breast is about 2 or 3 degrees F.....seems so anyways.
I can link it up, would have to find it again....
I use it on rotisserie and it comes out great.
I usually truss extending the legs off the breast. This one was pulled at 155°F thickest part of the breast. It was quite good. Next one I’ll do a day’s dry brine for even more flavor.

I would say good game...49ers certainly played a good game. Birds...not so much. Too little too late 😭

Last edited:
Awesome game. Made pork tenderloin medallions and baked veggies in the oven. Now it's the Cowboys turn to lay forty on the birds next week.

Cowboys are on a roll at home. I was surprised the Birds allowed the Niners to manhandle them in their own house.

Cowboys are on a roll at home. I was surprised the Birds allowed the Niners to manhandle them in their own house.
They did lay a solid beat down on them. It's a tough division with a tough schedule...going 11-1 possible but not likely. They're going to have to bring more to it in Dallas than they did last night.

Back